Peace in Kurdistan campaign is looking for a volunteer to assist the campaign with a variety of communications and outreach work, including social media presence, website, weekly newsletters and events support. This position would be ideally suited for someone looking for experience of working in an independent solidarity campaign, or in communications for the voluntary sector.
Typical weekly duties would include:
- Monitoring news coverage and preparing weekly news bulletins
- Updating the Campaign’s website to keep it fresh and up-to-date
- Managing the Campaign’s social media platforms
- Assisting with administration for public events, including generating publicity
- Building and maintaining relationships with the traditional media
Skills and knowledge we are looking for:
- Experience in writing and editing blog posts
- Familiarity with web-based communications and social media platforms (experience with WordPress would be an advantage)
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Interest for issues around self-determination, minority rights, political prisoners and conflict resolution
- Knowledge and interest in issues facing the Kurdish community in the UK and in the Kurdish region.
Whilst we would ideally need someone who can dedicate two days a week, as this is a voluntary position we would be open to discussing the hours you would work. We can also cover expenses for travel and lunch.
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV with a short cover letter demonstrating your interest in volunteering with us, how your skills and experience are suited to the work and how many hours you would be available each week, to: email@example.com
About Peace in Kurdistan Campaign
Since it was launched in October 1994, the Peace in Kurdistan Campaign has established itself as a vital and tireless campaigning organisation dedicated to advancing the rights of the Kurdish people and campaigning for a political solution to the Kurdish question. Over the years we have mobilised support for innumerable campaigns in defence of the Kurdish community in Britain and Europe and publicised countless cases of Kurdish political prisoners – journalists, artists, lawyers, politicians and trade unionists.